1. Make a Simple Syrup with the water and sugar. Remove it from the heat and chill it completely.
2. Blanch the herb leaves in boiling water for about 30 seconds.
3. Immediately transfer the leaves to an ice water bath to shock them. Once they have cooled completely, remove them from the water. Squeeze out any excess water.
4. Puree the blanched leaves together with the simple syrup. Strain through a fine mesh strainer.
5. Store the syrup in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it.
Mint syrup is particularly tasty with ice cream.
Post your recipe or comment here: