Yuzu Prawn & Scallop Ceviche
Replacing some of the lime juice with yuzu juice takes the flavor profile of ceviche in a more complex and distinctive direction. Below is a recipe for ceviche tacos and a more traditional ceviche.
Drink Pairings: Mezcal Del Maguey Tequila or Modelo Beer
¼ cup Lime Juice, fresh squeezed
¼ cup Yuzu Juice (could substitute more lime)
½ cup Raw Prawns, cleaned & cut into ¼” cubes
½ cup Raw Scallops, cut into ¼” cubes
Guacamole of your choice (or use our guacamole recipe)
For Tacos: 1 Red Jalapeno Chile
1. Toss together the prawns and scallops.
2. Combine the lime and yuzu juice, then pour them over the prawn/scallop blend.
3. Cover and move to your refrigerator for three to five hours, until the seafood is opaque and has a lightly cooked texture.
With Homemade Tortilla Chips: (Makes 2 servings)
1. Heat a quarter inch of oil in a frying pan until it bubbles when you touch the edge of a tortilla to it.
2. Add a tortilla and fry it briefly, flip, and continue to fry periodically pressing down gently with tongs to keep it submerged. When the tortilla is crisp, remove it from the oil and repeat with the other tortillas. You can break whole fried tortillas into rough chips, or cut them into wedges or halves prior to frying (whatever works for the presentation you want).
3. Drain the crisped tortillas on a paper towel and dust them with salt.
4. Use a slotted spoon to lift the scallops and shrimp out of the citrus juice, and pile them on a plate with the chips and the guacamole. Serve.
As a Taco: (Makes 2-4 servings)
1. Thinly slice the red jalapeno and sauté it in oil until softened.
2. Fill raw corn tortillas with 1/8th cup of the ceviche along with jalapeno slices and guacamole to taste. Serve.