Saffron Rye Whiskey Sour
Love whiskey sours, but ready to play around with something new? This variation takes your taste buds for a fascinating ride with the bitter-sweet-grassy-honeyed flavor of saffron.
Garnish: Lemon Wheel, Crushed Ice, Scrappy’s Aromatic Bitters
- Combine the rye, syrup, lemon juice, orange wheel & bitters in a mixing glass with ice. Muddle in the orange wheel.
- Shake the mixture until well chilled.
- Strain into a glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with the lemon wheel.
- Top the drink with enough crushed ice to mound out of the drink at the top. Dash the mounded ice with additional bitters until it’s visibly red. Serve.