Saffron Rye Whiskey Sour
Love whiskey sours, but ready to play around with something new? This variation takes your taste buds for a fascinating ride with the bitter-sweet-grassy-honeyed flavor of saffron.
2oz Rye Whiskey (we used Bulleit)
1/2oz Saffron Simple Syrup
3/4oz Lemon Juice
½ Orange Wheel
2 dashes Scrappy’s Aromatic Bitters
Garnish: Lemon Wheel, Crushed Ice, Scrappy’s Aromatic Bitters
- Combine the rye, syrup, lemon juice, orange wheel & bitters in a mixing glass with ice. Muddle in the orange wheel.
- Shake the mixture until well chilled.
- Strain into a glass over crushed ice.
- Garnish with the lemon wheel.
- Top the drink with enough crushed ice to mound out of the drink at the top. Dash the mounded ice with additional bitters until it’s visibly red. Serve.
Recipe by Tyler Kingdon
Cocktail & Beverage Recipes