Roasted Porcini Salad w/ Lemon, Fried Capers & Salsa Verde
Makes 2-4 Small Plate Servings
|Sancerre or Gruner Veltliner|
Porcini mushrooms are intensely savory and earthy. This salad balances them with citrus and a fresh, herby salsa verde.
Smaller porcinis work best in this recipe (you can get cleaner slices), so if you have a mixed bag, go with the smallest, best looking ones.
- 4oz Small Frozen Porcini Mushrooms (we used Frozen Italian Porcinis)
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest, microplaned or finely grated & minced
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ½ tbsp. Capers (out of brine)
- 1 tsp Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Oil for Frying (canola, peanut, etc)
Porcini Mushroom Recipes