Porcini Agnolotti w/ Brown Butter & Shallot Sauce
Nuovo’s porcini pasta has a lot of mushroom flavor on its own, so you don’t have to add the fresh or frozen porcini mushroom…but it amps things up even further and helps to tie the presentation to the flavors.
Drink Pairing: Viognier, Bandol Rose, or full bodied white Burgundy wine
Ingredients: Makes 4 Servings
Optional Garnish: 1 large frozen or fresh Porcini Mushroom Cap
Roast in the oven until the bottom is caramelized and the top has dried out (approx. 20 minutes).
2. Melt the butter in a large saucepan on the stove.
3. Bring a large pot of salted water to a simmer.
4. Add a pinch of salt (or truffle salt) and the minced shallot. Cook until the shallot is tender (2-3 minutes).
5. Cook the pasta in the simmering water.
6. Add the white wine. Turn the heat up and cook until the butter solids have browned (it will smell nutty and if you put a little sauce on a white plate, you should see brown specks) and the shallots have started to brown.
Post your recipe or comment here: