Crispy, porky pancetta and smooth, rich pears balance the rich spice & fruit flavors of toasted panforte. Making this salad is simple, but the results are sophisticated.
2. Bake the panforte and pancetta on parchment paper on baking sheets/sheet pans. The pancetta should crisp up in about ten minutes, the panforte may take longer (and will stay somewhat soft until it has cooled completely). For tips & toasting photos see How to Make Panforte Crisps.
3. Toss the salad greens in a bowl with olive oil, salt & pepper.
4. Just before serving, cut the pears (peeled or unpeeled) into slices or wedges.
5. Put a pile of the dressed salad greens on each plate. Put pieces of pancetta and panforte crisps (whole or crumbled) on top or to the side. Add the pear pieces.
6. Put dots of balsamic vinegar around the salad on the border of the plate. Serve.
Post your recipe or comment here: