Pansy Nectar Cocktail
The pansy nectar cocktail is a little bit sweet, a little bit fruity and very delicious.
We made a pansy simple syrup by grinding the whole flower (the stem bases & petals) with sugar to get the most of the pansies’ wintergreen-mint flavor.
Topping off this cocktail with a bit of prosecco (you’re free to use champagne or club soda if you prefer) adds a light effervescence, making this a great spring cocktail.
1. Fill a mixing glass with ice.
2. Add gin, pansy simple syrup, elderflower syrup, 1-2 drops of orange blossom water, and a splash of yuzu juice and shake with a cocktail shaker.
3. Strain into a martini glass.
4. Top off glass with prosecco, champagne or club soda.
5. Float an edible pansy as a garnish and enjoy!
Mixologist: Katie Wallace