Fettuccine with Brown Butter, Olive Cream & Sauteed Geoduck
Makes 4 Servings
|Pinot Noir or Syrah|
This delicious pasta dish balances the robust flavor of geoduck body meat with a rich olive cream and a nutty brown butter sauce.
The included technique for slicing, pounding, and then coating the geoduck meat in egg before briefly sautéing (steps 5 & 11) results in pieces that are particularly flavorful and tender. It’s worth trying in other sautéed geoduck recipes.
Though we’ve included the ingredients for homemade fettuccine below, you could substitute store bought fresh fettuccine to save time.
- Body Meat of 1 Geoduck
- 1 Egg, beaten
- All Purpose Flour, seasoned with Salt & Pepper
- Brown Butter Sauce:
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tbsp Chicken Stock or Broth
- 10 Green Olives, pitted & sliced (we used Castelvetranos)
- 1 tbsp chopped Fresh Tarragon
- 1 tbsp small diced peeled Red Bell Pepper
- Heavy pinches of Salt & Pepper
- Olive Cream:
- 1/2 cup Picholine Olives, pitted
- 1/2 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- Leaves from 5 sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- Pasta Dough:
- 1 3/4 cups All Purpose Flour
- 6 Egg Yolks
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Whole Milk
- Big Pinch of Salt
- Rice Flour for dusting
Knead until silky, wrap with plastic & rest 30 minutes.
Place the slices between pieces of plastic wrap & pound with the flat end of a meat mallet to tenderize & flatten out (as you would meat or poultry cutlets). Cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate.
Saute the geoduck for about 25 seconds per side. Remove to a towel or paper towel to drain.