Mushroom Pasta Sauce with Lemon Persillade
Makes 4 Appetizer Servings
This pasta sauce recipe contrasts earthy mushrooms and rich butter with a persillade – a blend of raw garlic, flat leaf parsley and lemon zest.
We originally created this sauce to pair with wheat germ porcini tagliatelle, but you could substitute almost any pasta variety.
- 1 stick Unsalted Butter
- 3/4lb Fresh Cremini Mushrooms, sliced (could substitute other fresh mushrooms)
- 2 tbsp Minced Shallots
- 1 pinch Fresh Thyme Leaves
- ½ cup White Wine
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp Minced Fresh Italian Parsley
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 pinches of Salt
- Parmesan Cheese
- Additional Salt & Pepper to Taste