Integrale Rice Salad with Caramelized Mushrooms & Shallots
Makes 8 Servings
Integrale brown rice gives this salad a satisfying chew and nutty flavor that pairs well with the squash oil & caramelized wild mushrooms. Sherry vinegar, whole grain mustard, and fresh herbs are added for a bright, light, slightly spicy grain salad.
We paired it with a pan-seared grass-fed beef hanger steak, but you could serve it on its own or as a side dish for almost any seafood, poultry or meat.
- 1 ½ cups Integrale Rice (could substitute other brown rice)
- 1 lb Fresh Mushrooms (we used hedgehog mushrooms & black trumpets)
- 3 tbsp Unsalted Butter
- 5 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Large Shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
- 2 tbsp Sherry Vinegar
- 1 tsp minced Fresh Rosemary
- 1 tsp minced Fresh Thyme
- Leaves from ½ bunch of Flat Leaf Parsley
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper