Merino Lamb “Bahn Mi” Sandwich
Merino “Bahn Mi” Sandwich
Get a lot of servings from only a little bit of Merino using this delicious Vietnamese-inspired sandwich recipe. Each bite will give you a blend of crispy, tangy pickled vegetables, spice from the jalapeno, and tender, delicious meat.
Drink Pairing: Vietnamese Beer
Ingredients: Makes 4 Servings
Lime Wedges for garnish
2. Slice the jalapeno thinly on the bias. Peel the carrot, cucumber and fennel bulb, then slice them into thin strips (julienne).
3. Combine the cucumber, carrot, fennel bulb and vinegar in a bowl. Toss and let sit for a half hour.
4. Butterfly the leg fillet roast(s) by cutting into the center and folding the meat open. Trim out any silver skin you find (how to remove silver skin).
5. Thinly slice the roast(s) against the grain.
6. Put the sliced Merino in a bowl. Add the fish sauce, lime juice and a pinch of salt. Let it marinate for thirty minutes.
7. Cut the baguettes in half (for a sandwich) and dig some of the dough out of the center to make a trough shape in each half.
8. Scrape the minced garlic with your knife to turn it into a paste. Mix together the mayonnaise & garlic.
9. Quickly stir fry the Merino strips in the peanut oil over high heat.
10. Spreading the garlic mayonnaise on both sides of each baguette. Fill them with the pickled vegetables, Merino and (if desired) fennel fronds.
11. Serve the sandwiches with lime wedges on the side.
Post your recipe or comment here: