Kosher Salt for a baking bed
1. Shuck the clams and leave them on the half shell with their liquor (juice). (How to Shuck Clams)
2. Make a bed of kosher salt in a shallow baking pan (enough to hold the clams securely upright) and lay in the open clams. Leave a little room around each clam.
3. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
4. In a blender combine the pine nuts, basil leaves, parsley, ¼ cup of olive oil and pecorino cheese. Drizzle in additional olive oil as needed until a smooth emulsion is formed. Taste for seasoning & add salt & lemon juice to taste. Blend again to combine.
5. Top each clam with a layer of pesto, just enough to cover the meat. Then top the pesto with a layer of breadcrumbs.
6. Bake until the surface of the clams is bubbling.
7. Top with lemon zest (cut into a thin strip or microplane grated). Serve.
Post your recipe or comment here: