Lamb with Chocolate Chile Sauce, Spicy Pickles & Roasted Eggplant
Makes 4 Servings
This recipe balances the intensity of lamb with an earthy, deep, and spicy chocolate-chile pan sauce, hot pickled vegetables, and creamy roasted eggplant.
If you don’t have the equipment (or the time) to cook the racks sous vide, you can sear & roast them in the usual fashion (example recipe).
- 2 Frenched Lamb Racks
- Salt & Pepper
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp High Heat Oil (Canola, Grapeseed, etc)
- Chile Chocolate Pan Sauce:
- 1 cup Beef Stock
- 1/3 cup Fruity Hot Sauce Recipe
- 2 tbsp 64% Bittersweet Chocolate
- ½ tsp White Wine Vinegar
- Eggplant Side Dish:
- 1 Medium American Eggplant, Medium Diced
- ½ tsp Salt
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
If the bones still look pink, tilt them down into the oil briefly, just to brown the bones.