Ice Cream with Panforte Crisps and Orange Caramel Sauce
Here’s another tasty way to incorporate panforte into your dessert without having just panforte for dessert. We’ve paired vanilla ice cream and panforte crisps with a buttery, rich caramel sauce with a subtle orange flavor.
This dish will work with fig & walnut panforte, panforte margherita, or chocolate panforte. Just pick the variety you want!
- Premium Vanilla Ice Cream of choice
- 4oz (roughly 1/3 cup + ¼ cup) Evaporated Cane Juice (or Granulated Sugar)
- 3 fl oz Heavy Cream
- 1 ¼ oz Orange Juice, plus extra as needed
- 1 ¼ oz (roughly 2 ½ tbsp) Unsalted Butter
- Plus: Panforte Crisps Recipe
- Optional Garnish: Minced Candied Orange Peel (homemade (how to candy citrus peel) or Sicilian Candied Orange Peel)
Note: Don’t use a shallow bowl for combining the two, as when the cream is added to the sugar, the mixture will bubble up.