Tomatillos have a beautiful green flavor and bright, tangy zing that makes them a great addition to salsas and sauces. The easiest way to soften them and bring out their full flavor is to roast them whole in the oven.
How to Roast Tomatillos
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.
2. De-husk and wash the tomatillos.
3. Toss them with oil, salt and pepper.
4. Lay out the tomatillos in a single layer in a baking dish and cover with foil.
5. Roast in the oven until they are tender and slightly deflated-looking.