How to Make Lobster Stock
Here’s the technique for taking the cleaned lobster bodies (minus their claws, tails, and innards) and turning them into lobster stock for use in sauces, soups, and other dishes.
2. Move the toasted shells to a stock pot and crush them lightly with a wooden spoon. Continue to brown.
3. Drizzle in the cognac, then add the carrots, celery & onions.
4. Sweat briefly to start the vegetables cooking down, then fill the pot with water. Add the thyme & fennel.
5. Simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
6. Strain out the solids & discard them. Use the stock in recipes or chill/freeze for later use.
Post your recipe or comment here: