Roasted Herbed Quail
Makes 4 Servings
Plump, juicy whole quail marinated in a blend of herbs and grapes, seared on a grill pan & then finished in the oven. The leftover marinade is cooked down for use as a sauce.
This recipe could also be adapted for use on an outdoor grill. Grill the marinated quail over direct heat to mark them, them move them to the side of the flames (indirect heat) and close the grill lid to cook them the rest of the way through.
- 4 Whole Quail
- 3/4 oz (half-pack) Chicken Demi-Glace Gold
- ½ lb Seedless Grapes, red or green, plus additional for garnish
- 2 tbsp Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley Leaves
- 2 tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh Tarragon Leaves
- 2 tbsp Fennel Fronds or 1 tbsp Dried Anise Hyssop
- 1 tbsp Salt
- ½ tsp freshly cracked Black Pepper
Recommended Side: Sunchoke Puree Recipe
- Make the Marinade: