Farro Salad with Herbs, Vinegar, Feta and Peaches
Makes 12 Side Servings
Nutty, fruity, tangy & refreshingly herbaceous, this simple, easy grain salad has a hearty chew to its texture.
- 1.5 cups Italian Farro (Emmer)
- 1.5 cups Vegetable or Chicken Stock
- 2.5 cups Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 7oz Feta Cheese, crumbled
- 3 Peaches, pitted & medium diced
- ¼ cup Chopped Flat Leaf Parsley
- ¼ cup Fresh Mint
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Cook the farro: Combine all the farro ingredients in a pot on the stove. Bring the liquid to a boil, then reduce the heat to Medium Low. Simmer until the grain is tender (about 20 minutes), then drain off any excess liquid.
Chill the farro completely.
Toss the farro with the feta, herbs, salt, pepper, extra virgin olive oil, and peaches in a large bowl.