Fennel & Parmesan Pasta Sauce
Makes 2 Servings
This pasta sauce prominently features the crisp, anise-like flavor of fresh fennel bulb cooked with white wine and parmesan cheese. This brightly-flavored sauce pairs perfectly with any of our seafood filled ravioli varieties. If fennel bulb isn’t to your liking, simply substitute fresh leek for a milder sauce.
Pictured: Lobster-filled, heart-shaped ravioli with Fennel & Parmesan Sauce
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- ¾ cup diced fresh fennel bulb or fresh leek (pale green & white parts only)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut into slender ribbons (chiffonade)
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Note: to make chiffonade, roll basil leaves lengthwise into tight cylinder. Slice cylinder crosswise into 1/8 inch ribbons.