Iberico Pork Secreto with Fava Beans, Chorizo & Pea Vines
Makes 4 Servings
Succulent, rich Iberico pork secretos (a flank-steak-like cut from behind the shoulder) are paired here with creamy fresh fava beans & vegetal pea vines spiced with chorizo. This dish is a real treat, but isn’t difficult. Give it a try!
- 2 Iberico Pork Secretos, halved
- ¼ small diced Dry Cured Spanish Chorizo
- ¼ Red Onion, minced
- ¼ cup Dry White Vermouth
- 1 bunch Pea Vines, chopped
- 2 tbsp Zante Currants
- 1lb Fava Beans, shelled, blanched & peeled
- 1 tsp chopped Fresh Tarragon Leaves
- ½ tsp Sherry Vinegar (we used Gran Reserva)
- Optional: Sage Monet Pink Flowers
We recommend Medium Rare (125-130°F), which is how the Spanish eat Iberico, but it’s worth noting that the USDA recommends all pork be cooked to an internal temperature of 145°F.