Hearty, satisfying and vegetarian/vegan! This recipe is really more of an example designed to show you how easy it is to jazz up old standbys with the addition of a few dollops of fine preserves. Just a little bit of chutney brings a lot of flavor to sautéed greens.
Ingredients: Makes 4 Servings
2. In a large frying pan over high heat, warm up the olive oil. When the olive oil starts to shimmer, add the garlic clove.
3. Stir the garlic clove around the oil, taking care not to burn it. Once the garlic clove is golden brown on all sides, remove it from the oil & discard.
4. Reduce the heat to medium and add the chard and salt. Cook, stirring frequently, until the chard starts to wilt.
5. Add the cherry chutney to the pan and continue to stir. When the chard is cooked the way you like it, take it off the heat.
6. Serve the chard with the beans, rice and an additional dollop of cherry chutney.
Recipe by Rebecca Staffel of Deluxe Foods
Post your recipe or comment here: