These shallots are a versatile building block that can be used in a huge array of dishes – anywhere you want to add depth, sweetness & earthiness to a dish.
- Preheat your oven to 275°F.
- Put the shallots in a small baking dish & cover them with the honey, butter, salt & strong coffee.
- Move the dish (uncovered) to the oven to roast. Roast the shallots until they’re extremely tender (about an hour & a half), then remove them from the oven & pour the liquid off into a small saucepan.
- Simmer the liquid until it reduces to a sauce consistency.
- Store the shallots & sauce in your refrigerator (together or separately depending on your planned application) until you need them.