Wine Pairing: White Bordeaux
Ingredients: (Makes 4 Servings)
Recommended Side: Sunchoke Puree Recipe
2. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees.
3. Cut the guinea fowl into leg-thigh pieces and breasts (how to cut up poultry).
4. Put the guinea fowl pieces in a wide baking dish, skin-side up. Sprinkle the bacon, prunes, white wine, garlic cloves, chicken stock, chiffonade-cut sage, olives, salt & pepper over the top. Roast in the oven.
5. After 20 minutes, reduce the heat to 375 degrees. Continue to roast until the meat registers an internal temperature of 160 degrees.
6. Switch the oven to broil & broil until the guinea hen develops a nice brown crust.
7. Remove the roasting dish/baking dish from the oven and drain the liquid from the pan into a frying pan.
8. Bring the braising liquid to a simmer. Stir in the duck demi glace gold and chicken stock. Simmer to reduce to until the sauce coats the back of a spoon. Add 1 tsp each of thyme, sage and chives.
9. Remove the guinea fowl meat from the roasting pan, leaving the bacon, olives, prunes & garlic. Add the fowl meat to the sauce to reheat it.
10. Separate the garlic from the other roasting pan items. Roughly chop together the olives, bacon and prunes with the orange zest and the remaining 1 tsp each of thyme, sage, and chives. Mix the chopped mixture with the whole garlic cloves.
11. Serve the sauced guinea fowl next to the olive, bacon & garlic mixture. Finish with additional orange zest if desired. Serve with your choice of sides.
Post your recipe or comment here: