Drink Pairing: Sapporo or other Japanese lager
Ingredients: Makes 4 Servings
2. Get the canola oil very hot in a large frying pan. Add the mushrooms and cook them over high heat until browned.
3. Add the udon noodles to the boiling water and cook until tender (ours took 4 minutes, cooking time may vary with manufacturer).
4. Add the bok choy, scallions, ginger and beef to the mushrooms. Stir fry until the vegetables are cooked. Add the tamari, beef stock, sugar and chives. Stir to combine.
5. Move the stir fried ingredients to a large bowl and add the udon and butter. Toss until the butter has melted into the sauce.
6. Return the noodle mixture to the frying pan and toss to heat everything through.
7. Put the udon mixture in bowls or on plates. Top with sesame seeds, sliced scallions and sesame oil to taste. Serve.
Post your recipe or comment here: